Powered By Blogger

"Any fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius

and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." Albert Einstein

Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Happy 16th Birthday Son Alex


Dear Alex Son,
Happy 16th Birthday.
As I've told you before, I wished for you many times throwing change into wishing wells. Praying God would give me another baby boy. As you know there is 13 years difference between you and your brother as his birthday and yours falls almost a month apart.

He was raised in a Video Store and so was you the first few years of your life and while I was carrying you, we would go to Waffle House every single morning, have breakfast and talk Nascar with all the Nascar guys out there in Horn Lake, Mississippi. Egg and Cheese Sandwiches with side order of Hashbrowns. 

Then Cracker Barrel was for Lunch, My favorite still today a Veggie plate, Pinto Beans, Dumplings, Hashbrown Cassarole, Fried Okra znd of course Cornbread. It's a wonder you didn't become a Vegetarian like me because of me being a full on vegetarian. Good thing my Mother taught me to cook Meat because both you and your brother love meat. Even with all those vegetables I gained a whooping 60 pounds with you and exercised and never really sit down much.

You came into the World weighing in at 7lbs exactly..
20 inches Long....




We were all excited on Christmas 1997 when we found out you were on your way. Your brother suggested I write the White House... At first, I thought they would never pay attention, let alone write back Congratulating. Well, once again I was proven wrong...
Needless to say I Jumped For Joy..


We decorated your baby room in Winnie The Pooh and I remember sitting in the rocker we had in there just waiting patiently for you to arrive. Even though your Brother was older and a teenager at the time, I was afraid because my Mama was there to teach me all about babies and now I had to learn on my own with you. So, every-time  you sneezed I ran you up to the doctor until he finally said, Mrs. Nielsen, children are going to sneeze he's alright and will be fine. At the time, we also had Guardianship of your Cousin Desiree and she helped some and was also a teenager.



I feel so blessed that God has chose me to be your Mother as Dustin's. You two Sons have taught me so much more about life and love than I could ever imagine. I cannot imagine not being a Mom at all. You two are my purpose and what I feel I was meant to do and you come first and foremost always. Always, Son, know that I'm here for you. 



This Is your second school in 1st grade below:
Lakewood, Colorado

Son, Just always remember how much I Love You. It doesn't matter how old you or I get you are the most precious person to me. Just hearing your voice and knowing your alright makes my day. I miss you more than words can express so with God's Grace may you always feel the Love between my heart and yours.
The Cross I sent you for your birthday is to let you know you always have Love from your brother up above and from myself and God. Always Love yourself and take good care of yourself Son.

I Love You -Mom

Peace