Powered By Blogger

"Any fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius

and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." Albert Einstein

Monday, September 29, 2014

Happy 29th Birthday In Heaven My Son Dustin





My Dearest First Born Son Dustin....

29 years ago I gave birth to one of the greatest Sons.


September 29. 1985 changed my life forever in ways that were all for the betterment of my life.


Most of my childhood was spent going out to Redstone Arsenal for all my Medical as well as going to Commissary for groceries every month with Mama. I had eye surgery in Fort McClellan Army Base in 1972. I was 5 very close to being 6.
It was traumatic as they had wards in the hospital so no private or two room bed patients. It was a line of beds with all the sick and healing Soldiers and  their families.



Early on, when we'd go out on base at Redstone Arsenal here in Huntsville, Alabama our hometown as we were born in Huntsville Hospital. It was just apart of this area of the USA to see Soldiers Marching and for a child be it Son or Daughter it was a career that many of us natives of Huntsville considered. That or Law Enforcement since the majority of your Grandma's family (Mama's Side) was in some area of Serving the City for many decades.



When I was 16, My Mama called the Recruitment office and was ready to enroll me or either into some area of the Law. It was very unfortunate that we were not eligible due to our eye-sight which is hereditary handed down for many years. It was a disability that only those of us know what a fight it is to do our best to be able-bodied and nobody wants to be disabled with sight or otherwise. 



You amazed me by not letting that disability define you and you pushed forward full speed ahead. Not even your best friends knew the struggle it took sometimes to do the tedious work you did concerning your sight and mind depending on it tremendously. 


It would break my heart that you were self conscious about those areas and I understood that completely as did others because they seen your true passion to get your work and dreams done regardless.


The encouragement you gave me and I gave you got us above the day to day chaos. Sometimes we wasn't sure and gave it all to Hope & Faith. I know as your Mom that you had plenty of that Courage to succeed at the accomplishments you made for others and yourself. I hope people never forget your geniune generosity, work ethic and your wanting to please them and watch them climb that ladder. You did a Hell of a Job. You Deserve the what ever your heart desires up there in Heaven. I know that would be that your Mom and Brother be Healthy, Safe and Well. 


You Collected many Military Artifacts
You always bought Military Car Tags
Your Trip To Washington DC, Virginia, Pennsylvania, New York was a Highlight in your Life
You  have Pins in your Truck that are still there. Although, someone got the POW Pin.
To you, sitting for hours listening to our Veterans was your kind of Day.
You bought many History Books on our Country.



You Tattooed An American Eagle On your Right Arm From Shoulder to Elbow with your name "Dustin" in Middle.


I still have your collection of Eagles.





This year for your balloon Release I chose to go to the Huntsville Madison County Veterans Memorial 
Son, I Know your looking down and are amazed at our hometown for Honoring Our Heroes


I Love You Dustin, My First Born Son...I Miss You...I Celebrate Your Life because that's what you'd expect of me.... Your Brothers misses you also... I Know...
Always, know you're my Heavenly Angel and get me through my Days. 
With your Unconditional Everlasting Love & Peace 






Wtitten By: Dustin's Mom -Gina Haga Nielsen